Imagine you could look at anything and ask, "How does that work? How do I fix that? What's that made of?" - and the answer is immediately available, in 3D, right there in front of you. We’re making that a reality.
JigSpace’s vision is to be the standard for sharing knowledge in 3D, and we want you to join us!
Released in 2017, JigSpace is the highest rated app in the AR/VR space with 4m+ downloads and millions of passionate users around the world. Our paid product launched in late 2020 and is gaining momentum - fast.
As JigSpace continues to rapidly grow, we’re looking to expand our development team to keep up with the high demands as our business matures. We’re looking for a talented Backend Software Engineer to join us!
JigSpace is designed to be simple, useful, and delightful. It’s also meant to be a tool that anyone can use, so everyone should be represented in the people that make Jig. We strongly encourage POC, LGBTQ+, and diverse applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
About the role
- Collaborate with the existing engineering team in designing, building and contributing to backend systems with cloud deployment for a SaaS platform.
- Transforming design ideas and requirements into well crafted, modular, secure, documented, maintainable and performant systems and features.
- Take ownership of existing and new platform areas and strive to provide maximum value for our customers and ultimately JigSpace.
- Work across the full software life cycle from idea conception through to beta testing, launch and follow-up extensions.
- Work side-by-side and support client-side developers with implementing new features or extending existing ones.
- Contribute to our CI/CD processes. Write well crafted automated functional and performance tests for existing and new feature areas.
- Contribute to manual testing of the backend engineering teams' work across the stack including investigating bugs and implementing fixes to resolve defects.
- Engage in sprint planning, execution and review/ retrospective to help constantly evolve our internal process, and maintain optimum and efficient output.
- Support your fellow Jig team members with pair programming and code reviews.
- Contribute to R&D initiatives. Research, investigate, propose and advocate for new technology improvements and approaches.
- Communication: HTTP2 RESTful API & AWS SQS
- Storage: Postgres & Redis
- Cloud: AWS (including EC2, EFS, Lambda, Cloudfront, S3, SQS, SES etc...)
- Security: Auth0 + others
- Payments: Stripe
- CICD: Docker/Jenkins
- 5+ years of experience programming and implementing backend solutions
- Proven and extensive use of Golang, including writing automated tests.
- Experience designing, creating and maintaining a RESTful API
- Experience with any cloud-based technology
- Understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of common distributed queue technologies
- Contribute to shared libraries/codebase.
- Proven ability to write high-performance, reusable code
- You have the ability to design, communicate and deliver your work in a staggered manner that can unblock other team members quickly. This ultimately will provide early feedback and clarification of direction and an indicative final outcome.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills - while working autonomously, you are part of a team which must be aligned in long-term goals.
- Demonstrated ability to reach development targets in a timely manner, maintaining optimum quality.
- Experience using source control systems (eg GIT)
- Strong knowledge of web technologies and standards
- An adult! Can take and give constructive criticism.
Nice to have
- Software architecture experience
- Protobuf & gRPC development experience
- Microservices and container knowledge
- Experience building B2B SaaS
- Understanding of 3D rendering concepts and elements
- Game development experience
- Experience and passion for AR/VR/XR technology
- Experience in a tech-startup
Life at JigSpace
By joining JigSpace, you’ll be growing with a cutting-edge, expanding company, and committing to a platform we all believe in. It can be hectic at times, but that adds to the final reward, when we see our delightful product evolve and flourish. Having been through both Boost VC and Startmate accelerators, we’re highly involved in the Aussie startup scene, and continue to grow through collaborations with companies like Apple, Medtronic and Verizon.
While working at JigSpace is remote, we have a strong team ethos and are constantly looking for like-minded people who love to collaborate and solve problems together. We are in constant communication every day, and maintain virtual catch-ups to ensure our entire team remains socially involved, engaged, and our goals are aligned. Our development team is no exception!
- Joining and growing with a reputable, venture-backed startup, as we’re gaining more traction through highly successful collaborations
- Trust and autonomy over your work, surrounded and supported by a great team.
- Remote and flexible work: accountability is big for us - we want you to own your work, but we’re flexible with how you get there!
- We are great believers in employee wellbeing and development. At Jig, we offer a number of employee benefits, including:
- Competitive salary with options for equity in JigSpace - we all reap the benefits of success at Jig!
- A professional development budget, so you can continue to upskill and learn throughout your journey with Jig.
- WFH tech allowance - we’ll help deck out your remote work station so you’re always comfortable and productive.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email your CV, LinkedIn or personal website to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.