Imagine you could look at anything and ask, "How does that work? How do I fix that? What's that made of?" - and the answer is immediately available, in 3D, right there in front of you. We’re making that a reality.
JigSpace’s vision is to be the standard for sharing knowledge in 3D, and we want you to join us!
Released in 2017, JigSpace is the highest rated app in the AR/VR space with >4m downloads and millions of passionate users around the world. Our paid product launched last year and is gaining momentum - fast.
As JigSpace continues to rapidly grow, we’re looking to expand our development team to keep up with the high demands as our business matures.
Our development team consists of back-end and front-end engineers, 3D Artists and UI/UX experts, and we’re looking for a talented Junior Unity Developer to join us.
About the role
- Plan and implement our 3D editing app functionality using our API
- Ability to transform design ideas and directions into our functioning app
- Establish strategy and development pipeline
- Identify and solve software bottlenecks or bugs
- Collaborate with other developers, as well as Program Managers to ensure long-term goals are achieved and expected output is aligned
- Engage in sprint planning, execution and review/ retrospective to help constantly evolve our internal process, and maintain optimum and efficient output.
- Graduate, or 1+ years of experience with Unity C#, in a programming/engineering role
- High level of proficiency in Unity UI framework
- Worked with low-level 3D format I/O (.OBJ, .FBX, etc)
- Strong communication and collaborative skills - while working autonomously, you are part of a team which must be aligned in long-term goals
- Demonstrated ability to reach development targets in a timely manner, maintaining optimum quality
- Great problem-solving skills
- An adult! Can take and give constructive criticism.
Nice to have
- Experience with iOS development
- Previous experience and/or passion with AR/VR/XR technology
- Experienced with 3D tool development
- Experience deploying to WebGL
- Experience with shader development
- Live platform experience
- Experience in a tech-startup
By joining JigSpace, you’ll be growing with a cutting-edge, expanding company, and committing to a platform we all believe in. It can be hectic at times, but that adds to the final reward, when we see our delightful product evolve and flourish. Having been through both Boost VC and Startmate accelerators, we’re highly involved in the Aussie startup scene, and continue to grow through collaborations with companies like Apple, Medtronic and Verizon.
While working at JigSpace is remote, we have a strong team ethos and are constantly looking for like-minded people who love to collaborate and solve problems together. We are in constant communication every day, and maintain virtual catch-ups to ensure our entire team remains socially involved, engaged, and our goals are aligned. Our development team is no exception!
- Joining and growing with a reputable, venture-backed startup, as we’re gaining more traction through highly successful collaborations.
- Trust and autonomy over your work, surrounded and supported by a great team.
- Remote and flexible work: accountability is big for us - we want you to own your work, but we’re flexible with how you get there!
- We are great believers in employee wellbeing and development. At Jig, we offer a number of employee benefits, including:
- Competitive salary with options for equity in JigSpace - we all reap the benefits of success at Jig!
- A professional development budget, so you can continue to upskill and learn throughout your journey with Jig.
- WFH tech allowance - we’ll help deck out your remote work station so you’re always comfortable and productive.,
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email your CV, LinkedIn or personal website to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
Life at JigSpace
A short video about life at JigSpace