JigSpace’s vision is to be the ubiquitous standard for sharing knowledge in spatial computing, and we want you to join us!
Released in 2017, JigSpace is the highest rated app in the AR/VR space with >4m downloads and millions of passionate users around the world. Our paid product launched last year and is gaining momentum - fast!
We believe deeply in bringing together diversity of thoughts and perspectives. We strongly encourage POC, LGBTQ+, and diverse applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
About the role
This player-manager role has two key responsibilities:
Partner with product and technology to design delightful and intuitive experiences:
- Define our information architecture and how our web, mobile and desktop applications come together to create one cohesive user experience.
- Work cross-functionally with our product and development teams across the end-to-end design process for new features and enhancements to existing features.
- Sketch and prototype ideas and user journeys and test them with real users.
Help us level-up our product design and discovery process:
- Define the ways of working and principles that guide our product design process.
- Lead user research, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Advocate for the customer and follow user-centred design principles.
- Contribute to our design system.
- Promote customer-centricity internally.
We're looking for....
A proven expert in your craft:
- 5+ years of product design experience.
- You’ll have strong opinions, backed by experience, research and best practice.
- You’ll be passionate about the craft of product design, and learning from the world’s best product companies.
- You’ll have a strong portfolio that showcases a balance of skills across visual design, usability, and user research.
- You’ll have high standards and continually refine your taste and originality from a variety of influences.
A product discovery pro:
- You’ll be empathetic and confident in drawing deep insight from user interviews.
- You’ll be skilled at using data to draw insight and be able to clearly communicate these insights internally.
- You’ll be experienced in prototyping and testing with users.
- You’ll inspire users with great taste, creativity, and originality in your design execution.
A team player:
- You’ll get a buzz from working cross-functionally to solve complex problems for users and customers, inspiring and motivating those around you.
- You’ll understand how to build trusting, collaborative relationships with product and technology.
- You’ll be a great communicator and storyteller.
- You’ll leave your ego at the door and will put the goals of the team ahead of your own.
- You’ll challenge our thinking, be passionate and inspire constant improvement.
- You’ll know how to achieve business objectives and drive strategy with product design, UX and storytelling.
- You’ll have experience and interest in managing, mentoring, and coaching designers and raising the design IQ of an organisation.
Nice to have experience
- Experience in AR / XR.
- Experience in start-ups.
- Experience working on B2B SaaS products.
- Experience using and maintaining design systems.
- Experience in team leadership or management.
By joining JigSpace, you’ll be growing with a cutting-edge, expanding company, and committing to a platform we all believe in. It can be hectic at times, but that adds to the final reward, when we see our product evolve and flourish. Having been through the Startmate Accelerator, we’re highly involved in the Aussie Startup scene, and continue to grow through collaborations with companies like Apple and Snap.
While working at JigSpace is remote, we have a strong team ethos and are constantly looking for like-minded people who love to collaborate and solve problems together. We are in constant communication every day, and maintain virtual catch-ups to ensure our entire team remains socially involved, engaged, and our goals are aligned.
- Competitive salary with options for equity. We all reap the benefits of success at Jig!
- A culture of trust. We trust our people to have end-to-end ownership over their work and surround them with an amazing, supportive team to help them grow.
- A professional development budget to spend on courses, books and learning materials.
- WFH tech allowance to deck out your remote workstation so you’re always comfortable and productive.
- Friday lunches to celebrate the end of the week, and catch up face-to-face.
- Regular team get-togethers, hosted in Sydney or Melbourne.
- Remote and flexible work.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit?
Email your CV, LinkedIn or personal website to us at email@example.com
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've helped achieve or grow.